Organization: Diabetes Will’s Way
Job Title: Executive Director
About Diabetes Will’s Way:
Diabetes Will’s Way is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of people affected by diabetes. Diabetes Will’s Way is a nonprofit located in Carmel, Ind. serving young people in the United States who have type 1 diabetes. We serve families who land in the type 1 diabetes healthcare gap. These families have access to insurance. But access to healthcare is still not enough. Families who qualify for a grant are fighting for their children. But their deductibles and copays are so high, they cannot afford their child’s monthly prescribed medicines.
We are seeking an experienced and visionary volunteer Executive Director to lead Diabetes Will’s Way in achieving its mission and goals. This role is currently less than part time, at about 10 required hours a month. However, a main goal for the Executive Director will be to grow the organization and its relationships, thus increasing the level of commitment. The ideal candidate will have a passion for improving the lives of those affected by diabetes and a proven track record of success in managing a non-profit organization. Experience working with families and individuals affected by chronic diseases, and knowledge of Type 1 Diabetes is preferred, but not required. The Executive Director will be responsible for the overall management, administration and direction of the organization, and will report to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director will work closely with the Director of Case Management (the previous Executive Director) throughout their transition, and as necessary for support and organizational knowledge.
- Develop and implement strategic plans in alignment with the mission and goals of Diabetes Will’s Way.
- Foster relationships with stakeholders, including government agencies, philanthropic organizations, volunteers, and community groups.
- Maintain positive relationships with donors through consistent communication and updates.
- Oversee all aspects of the organization’s operations, including program development, fundraising, grant-writing, and administration.
- Represent the organization to the public, including on social media and potentially creating some content associated with it.
- Manage and lead a dedicated and passionate Board of Directors, providing guidance, coaching, and support.
- Plan and lead at least three Board meetings per year.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors to set priorities, provide guidance and direction, and ensure the organization’s mission is being fulfilled in every aspect.
- Passion for the mission of Diabetes Will’s Way and a commitment to its goals
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and lead a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated success in fundraising, grant writing, and donor development
- Knowledge of non-profit operations, financial management, and board governance
If you’re interested in this position, please send your resume and details to firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to meet.