As 2014 comes to a close, let’s recount the many blessings that we have experienced here at Will’s Way.
Top 10 reasons we are grateful for the year 2014:
- Will’s Way has helped 7 families purchase an insulin pump, continuous glucose monitor, blood glucose monitor or other diabetic supplies.
- We have embarked on an exciting partnership with Roche Pharmaceuticals. We have the ability to provide the Accu-Check Aviva Expert Blood Glucose Monitors to Will’s Way families who are not on an insulin pump.
- We successfully applied for and were granted our 501 (c)(3) status from the federal government.
- Hundreds of people have stepped forward and believed in us and supported us through donations. We could not have gotten this far without such wonderful support.
- Will’s Way is now an Amazon Smile charity (even if it is listed as Will S Way…soon to be fixed!)
- Our Will’s Way teen-ambassador program has spent over 100 hours volunteering. We have educated people type 1 diabetes facts as well as raised over $1,000.
- DiabetesMine.com recognized Will’s Way as an innovative new charity that helps type 1 families afford durable medical equipment.
- Our Cookie Exchange was a huge success. (Coming soon The Annual Will’s Way Cookie Exchange Fundraising Event!)
- Will’s Way has been blessed with 3 amazing board members: Kim Santucci, Jen Whaley and Kristen Harvey. Under their guidance we will continue to grow and provide more grants in 2015.
- We successfully launched our website and established a user-friendly way for families and donors to contact us and donate.
We are also very thankful for all the exciting new 2014 advances in diabetes research. We fervently hope to be out of business someday soon, but until that day comes we will strive to help an additional 10-15 families in 2015!
Will’s Way would like to wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous new year! And, as a reminder – no matter the obstacle in your path…”where there’s a Will, there’s a Way!”